Monday, May 12, 2014

2014 QUEENSLAND SUNSHINE SERIES DOWNHILL ROUND 1 - CEDAR CREEK

The 2014 Queensland Sunshine Series Downhill kicked off last weekend with Round 1 at Cedar Creek in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. With the threat of rain hanging over our heads all week, Saturday arrived with a mostly sunny day although there were some small showers during the day but this just made the track better with moisture causing the normally loose and dusty dirt to tack up nicely.
Practice on Saturday went smoothly and I got in at least 8-10 full runs thanks to my Supporter, Brisbane Mountain Bike Shuttles (BMS - Mick Dopson) who moved me and the Santa Cruz v10 to the start line in comfort and without any drama's! I decided to call it mid afternoon because the v10 was dialled and along with me was performing really good.
Sunday and race day arrived with a couple of early morning showers but nothing to cause concern. I managed a couple of practice runs before heading up for Qualifying late morning. I had a clean run in Qualifying but kept a bit in reserve and managed to cross the line and qualify in 3rd place. By race time later in the afternoon, the weather had cooled and was ideal for racing. I had another great run down a steep, loose and technical track to take over the Hot Seat for a short while before the last rider, Chris Kovarik came down the hill and knocked my off by 2 seconds but hey, I managed to get onto the Podium in 2nd place which is a great start to the Series.
A shout out to my Supporters for keeping me and the v10 running smoothly - Power Racing, NS Dynamics.com.au, Santa Cruz Bikes, ForTheRiders, Brisbane Mountain Bike Shuttles - BMS, KWT-Maxxis, Mavic Equipment and Chunked.com.au - thanks again for your continuing support!

No comments:

Post a Comment